Hahns Macaw - Quick Facts
On: 28 May 2018
- Scientific name: Diopsittaca nobilis
- Common name: Hahns Macaw
- Country of Origin: South America
- Conservation status: Least concern (population stable) as listed by IUCN.
- Average Life Span: 30-50 years
- Size: 30 - 35cm long and at least1 50g (adult)
- Minimum cage size: Minimum of 80cm wide and 90cm high (recommend AviOne 604X2)
- Diet: 80-90% Fruit and Quality pellets; 10-20% Seed blend
- Care Level: Moderate
- Temperament: Peaceful
The Hahn's Macaw (subspecies of the red-shouldered macaw), is a one of the smaller parrots and is a beautiful green colour. The name Hahn's came from a German zoologist named Carl-Wilhelm Hahn. The Hahn's Macaw can be distinguished by a black upper mandible.